Team Lead – Model Validation Trading Risk [rekrutacja online]
Miejsce pracy: Warszawa
Numer referencyjny: MB/SST/RDTV/KW/56728
- If you have an academic degree (MSc or PhD) in Econometrics, Mathematics, Physics, Quantitative Financial Economics or another quantitative/numerical field,
- If you are passionate about working with people and developing talents of others make you fulfilled,
- If you have at least 8 to 10 years of work experience in modelling/validation of market risk and counterparty credit risk models for trading books, including knowledge about the business and associated regulations,
- If you have proven experience in leading and/or coaching others, both from a people management and content perspective,
- If you have experience in being a sparring partner/advisor to Senior Management and managing stakeholders such as auditors and regulators,
- If you are excellent team player, persistent, service oriented, people centric, eager to learn and have high quality standards,
- If you would like to work in an international environment focused on creativity and modernity
- If you speak and write English on a very good level (C1 or above),
- If you are prepared to travel occasionally. Mainly to Amsterdam.
- Experience in Agile / Scrum way of working.
- Experience with modelling or validation of (derivatives) pricing models used in the trading books.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Independent, creative and pro-active mind-set.
- Being keen on innovation.
- Analytical and critical attitude.
- A position where you will be empowered to have a true impact on ING’s future model landscape and contribute to further implementing our innovative Think Forward strategy.
- An exposure to world-class models in the area of Trading Risk.
- An opportunity to advise on a strategic level and influence the models used by the Bank globally
- At ING we offer you a 40 hour contract.
- A competitive salary tailored to your skills, competences, experience and performance.
- A flexible work environment, with the possibility of working from home.
- Time and support for personal development, including courses.
- A challenging, interesting and evolving job/career.
- An informal and positive working environment with highly qualified colleagues, who like to improve, value diversity and support each other.
- An innovative, expanding working environment, also internationally, creating ample opportunities for further development.
- A progressive way of working according to the Agile method, so that new ideas come to life incrementally.
- Manage a new-to-be-set-up chapter of about 7~10 model validators
- Perform the annual Step Up Performance Management cycle with your chapter members (e.g. target setting, mid-year review, year-end evaluations)
- Manage HR activities: recruitment, onboarding, illness, leave etc.
- Perform regular meeting with your chapter members, inspire them to improve & grow and support career development
- Ensure continuous improvement by providing on-the-job coaching and drive the feedback culture in teams
- Set standards for developing, innovating and safeguarding craftsmanship/ knowledge in the field of expertise (owner of the Skills & Knowledge matrix)
- Together with the Product Owner ensure that the work is effectively allocated to the squad members
- Take end to end responsibility for the quality of the validation work performed by your chapter members
At ING Tech Poland and ING group we follow the Agile approach and mindset. We use flexible frameworks like Scrum and Kanban at our everyday work. We are innovative and we trust people we work with. The broad autonomy our employees have, stimulates motivation and creativity what allows us to adapt to the changing requirements of business partners. Small units called squads are the core of our organization. They have clear vision of products, overcome challenges autonomously and based on team cooperation, work out the most flexible and effective way of working. Risk Hub Warsaw was created as a part of central risk team currently located in Amsterdam.
- Model Validation Trading Book Risks
- Model Validation Credit Risk
- Model Validation IRRBB Risk
- Model Risk Oversight & Data Science
- Data and Tools
- •Credit & ALM Risk Modelling
- IT for Modeling & Analytics
We are setting up a new team in the Model Validation Trading Book Risks (MVTB) area, an energetic, international team with various quantitative backgrounds located in Amsterdam and now expanding to Warsaw. We are responsible for validating market risk, counterparty credit risk and valuation models for trading books used by ING worldwide. By bringing in our expertise we assure that models are appropriate for intended use, compliant with internal policies and external regulations and its limitations are well understood by the organization. Our goal is to ensure a strong modelling landscape within ING.
60%- Take end to end responsibility for the quality of the validation work performed by your chapter members
40%- Manage a new-to-be-set-up chapter of about 7~10 model validators