Ogłoszenie numer: 7895025, from 2023-01-23
Hydroplan is arguably the most prolific designer and project manager of small weirs and dams in the UK.
Our typical projects range from feasibility studies and asset inspections, remediation of existing dams and reservoirs, design of new dams for water supply and hydropower, reservoir inspections and associated studies and studies and design of hydropower projects.
Our team delivers projects within the UK and overseas and the successful applicant would need to travel in this role.
Dam Engineer / Project Manager
- Lead projects within a framework of water industry, dam engineering and hydropower within the UK and internationally.
- Lead the delivery of dams and hydropower projects on budget and to agreed deadlines.
- Provide technical direction to project teams, including studies, design, performance monitoring for all types of dams and hydraulic structures.
- Build relationships within the industry and wider our clients Waterpower and Dams community.
- Assist in business development, bid preparation and securing a sustainable pipeline of work.
- Use appropriate software to provide advice, solutions and successful outcomes for our clients.
- Maintain up to date technical knowledge and CPD relevant to the role.
- Provide guidance and mentoring to less experienced members within the team.
- Complete all work in line with our Clients Core Values and in accordance with their Quality Systems and Project Quality Procedures.
- A formal engineering qualification (Bachelors Degree, Masters).
- Ideally, a Chartered Engineer with experience in the fields of dam and reservoir engineering.
- Strong technical experience in hydraulic and /or geotechnical engineering as applied to the management and design of dams and reservoirs and their associated hydraulic structures, with knowledge of relevant codes, standards and guidance documents, and an appreciation of current developments.
- Track record of delivery of successful projects and the ability to support winning tenders.
- Ability to identify and employ innovation and leading-edge technologies to meet client needs.
- Willingness to travel and a valid driving licence.
- Work as part of a team to suggest improvements which will benefit our clients.
- Strong quantitative, client focused writing, communication and analytical skills.
- High proficiency in MS office applications, include Word, PowerPoint and Excel as well as a knowledge of AutoCAD or similar.
- Able to work within a dynamic environment with good attention to detail.
- Able to work to tight deadlines and self-manage priorities against multiple tasks.
- Some weekend work may be required from time to time.
- Able to communicate externally in a clear English language and in an approachable manner.
- The opportunity to be part of a team which delivers projects rather than just studies them.
- The room to help develop the business in the UK and internationally.
- Mentoring with a route to become a member of the All Reservoir Panel for the right candidate.