The purpose of this function is to ensure that health and safety meets the highest standards and complies with the legislation and internal rules and routines. The Health and Safety Manager is, responsible to ensure that everyone in the company have the basis for complying with health and safety laws and best practices.
- Prepare and enforce policies to establish a culture of health and safety
- Evaluate practices, procedures and facilities to assess risk and adherence to the law
- Conduct training and presentations for health and safety matters and accident prevention
- Ensure appropriate risk assessments are conducted and follow ups implemented to eliminate accidents, asset losses that might cause harm to one of the company’s employees, contractors, visitors
- Monitor compliance to policies and laws by inspecting employees and operations
- Inspect equipment, machinery and processes to observe possible unsafe conditions
- Investigate accidents or incidents to discover causes and handle worker’s compensation claims
- Recommend solutions to issues, improvement opportunities or new prevention measures
- Provide HSE expertise for the facility/function for all new projects and change management activities
- Plan, forecast and control annual capital budget for HSE to enable execution of the HSE plan and adherence to all internal and external compliance standards
- Report on health and safety awareness, issues and statistics
- 8+ years of professional safety experience in manufacturing industry.
- Deep understanding of legal health, safety and security guidelines
- Ability in producing reports and developing relevant policies
- Good knowledge of data analysis and risk assessment
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal abilities
- Fluent Polish & English is required in this role
- Health and Safety qualification according to Polish law
- OHSAS 18001 or ISO 45001 certificate would be plus
Personal success factors (Consider Bold – Passionate – Excellent):
- Excellent organizational and motivational skills
- Outstanding attention to detail and observation ability
- Strong verbal, written, analytical, and persuasive skills and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees and management.